Home Made Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce – Add a “kick” to your BBQ Food
|Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min.||Produces1-1/2 cups|
Ingredients You’ll Need – Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce Recipe.
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 to 3 teaspoons of chili powder (change the amount to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/3 cup of molasses
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- Use a small pot or saucepan, saute the onions in oil until tender.
- Add the garlic; cook for about 1 minute, then add and stir the chili powder, cayenne, and pepper; after adding the powders, ( feel free to test the mix and adjust to taste ) boil the mix for an additional minute.
- Add in the ketchup, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and pepper sauce, then stir the mixture well.
- Bring the mix to a boil and stir well.
- Reduce heat to simmer and uncovered the saucepan for 30-40 minutes or until the sauce reaches the wanted density.
- After the sauce reaches an adequate thickness, let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Now, let’s pour the sauce into a clean container through a fine-mesh strainer.
- You can now trash the vegetables and seasonings left in the strainer and store the sauce in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- This sauce should last for about a month if place in an good container. Use as a basting brush to apply sauce to grilled meats.
Nutrition Facts ( Estimated )
- 68 calories
- 1 g fat (0 saturated fat)
- 0 cholesterol
- 325 mg sodium
- 14 g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber)
- 0 protein